A single giant, thick chocolate chip cookie loaded with lots of chocolate chips. Extra big, extra gooey and extra chocolatey.
If you crave chocolate chip cookies but don’t want to make a huge batch, look no further. This recipe yields a single giant cookie loaded with lots of chocolate chips that is perfect for one or two servings. I made this right before we went on vacation because of a sudden craving for cookies and because homemade cookies are the best!!!
WHEN THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES BECOME BETTER
This giant chocolate chip cookie is based off of my best chocolate chip cookies recipe which is already simple and easy to make. The dough will come together in a matter of minutes and bake for 15 minutes.
There’s no chilling required in this recipe as I’ve slightly adjusted measurements to ensure the cookie bakes up perfectly without spreading too much. No scooping out the dough required either, as we will need to press the dough into one big cookie. This recipe will make a 6-inch cookie in diameter, which means you can have it all by yourself or have someone to share it with.
HOW TO MAKE GIANT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
I will simply start off by whisking all dry ingredients in one bowl until combined. Then, whisk melted butter and both sugars until shiny and light. Since I am not making a large batch of cookies, I prefer to use a whisker and wooden spatula and mix by hand, but you can use an electric mixer if you want to. Add in egg yolk and vanilla extract and continue to mix until combined. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and use a wooden spatula to mix together the dough. Then gently fold in chocolate chips. When everything comes together, stop mixing. The less you mix, the softer the cookie will be.
Roll the dough into a ball and press it flat in your hands, shape it into a 6-inch disk on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Add in some chocolate chips (about 1 tablespoon) on top if desired and bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes, until the edges are a light golden brown and the center looks barely underdone. Then, remove from the oven and allow the cookie to cool on a baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
The cookie is best eaten the same day it’s made. We finished this cookie in the first hour after we drove out and we regretted not making more giant cookies enough for the next few hours of the trip 🙂 If you have a love for chocolate chip cookies, my thumb rule: Make more 🙂
More Delicious Cookie recipes:
Single Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1/2 cup (65g) all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick/57g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons (25g) light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons (25g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup (40g) semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus 1 tablespoon to add on top
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and shiny. You can use an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment if you prefer to. Add egg yolk and vanilla extract and whisk until combined. Add flour mixture and use a wooden spatula to mix together the dough. Do not overmix. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into a ball and press it flat in your hands, then transfer to a prepared baking sheet and shape it into a 6-inch disk. Add in some chocolate chips (about 1 tablespoon) on top if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes, until the edges are a light golden brown and the center looks barely underdone. Allow the cookie to cool on a baking sheet for 5-10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days, serve at room temperature.