A comforting pumpkin spice latte that is a perfect drink to snuggle up with on a cold day. Easy and quick to make, you’d love to have it before pumpkin season comes to an end.
Colder days are sneaking around us, which means the holiday season is coming. As long as I enjoy the autumn season, I don’t want it to go away. Leaves are still changing to a deep brown color, and a cold breeze is blowing harder on my face. I miss the palette of dazzling tones that autumn has tossed through fields and forests. Red apples, grey smoke from the fireplace, warm shades of brown and red. Wood scent from candles. And I will miss the deep orange of pumpkins.
If autumn were a song, it would be a sad, slow, and relaxing one. It might reminisce good times that we’ve had, feeling nostalgic for those good times and wishing for them to come around again before too long. It would be a love song when you cuddle into one another and watch movies as the days get shorter and colder. And enjoy a cup of hot pumpkin spice latte.
I honestly wish autumn could stay here a little longer before everything is blanketed with white. Half a can of pumpkin puree is staying in a corner of our fridge and today I will be making a hot pumpkin spice latte, which is a perfect treat to farewell the autumn season.
You can make your own pumpkin latte version but the traditional one would be using coffee, milk, pumpkin puree, sweetener like brown sugar or maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla. I love to make it with a little bit of cream, but you can substitute with plant-based milk such as almond or soy milk if you are a dairy-free person. There is nothing better than sipping a hot, cozy spiced latte while the wind is blowing outside the window.
More Autumn Drink Recipes:
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1/2 cup (60ml) brewed coffee or espresso, keep it hot
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk of choice (whole milk, plant-based, nonfat,...)
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) heavy cream or half and half, leave it out if desired
- 2 tablespoons (30g) pumpkin puree, canned or fresh
- 1-2 tablespoons (15-30g) brown sugar or maple syrup, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of pumpkin spice to sprinkle or whipped cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk, pumpkin puree, brown sugar (or maple syrup) and pumpkin spice and cook over medium heat. Whisk constantly until it begins to bubble around the edges. Do not bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour into a mug or a cup. Use a frother to blend the mixture until frothy. Stir in hot coffee or espresso.
- Sprinkle pumpkin spice on top or add whipped cream as desired. Enjoy!