Pumpkin Bread that has all the fall pumpkin spice flavor and takes less than 15 minutes to make – a perfect breakfast for lazy fall morning.
We’re already in September and that means it’s officially fall season! Fall, with its crisp nights, warm wool sweaters, hot chai latte and endless amount of pumpkin-flavored foods is my favorite season. I did not grow up eating pumpkin in dessert, nor going to pumpkin patches and it wasn’t until I moved here three years ago. I‘ve fallen in love with soft and moist baked goods with a hint of spices like apple caramel bread, and pumpkin is a great pair that compliments some of my favorite warming spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
This pumpkin bread recipe does not require much time, it takes less than 15 minutes and a little effort to whip up, which keeps me coming back when I am craving something with spices, especially when it’s cold weather. You don’t even need a mixer in some cases and with that being said, it’s perfect for a quick and easy morning breakfast.
FALL SPICE BLEND
You can use store-bought pumpkin spice or just cinnamon in this recipe, however the making fall spice blend is one of my favorite things to make when it comes to fall baking. I usually mix all warming spices such as cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves together with a ratio of 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon of each ground nutmeg and cloves. This fall spice blend makes me wish for crisp days, rustling leaves, coming back to baked goods fresh from the oven and hearty soups and stews.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN BREAD
To get started, you whisk together your dry ingredients (except sugar) until they are evenly distributed and no lumps remained. In another bowl, mix eggs with sugar, milk and oil until combined then add in the pumpkin puree. Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture, whisking until just combined. You could even do it by hand, make sure not to overmix or you will end up having a dense, tough pumpkin bread. It takes about an hour to bake the bread in the oven, you can serve it warm or let it cool completely.
More Quick Bread Recipes:
- 1 2/3 cups (220g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup (250g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup (340g) canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (120ml) canola oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Grease a 9×5 inch pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, granulated sugar until combined. Add oil and milk, whisk until combined. Add pumpkin puree and whisk until combined. Slowly pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and gently whisk just until combined, there are no lumps remained.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely on a wire rack.
- Bread can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Serve warm or at room temperature.