Peanut Butter Cookies that are packed with tons of peanut butter flavor and ready to melt in our mouth. They are easy to make and always win a spot in my heart.
It just came suddenly today when I was craving mom’s good old sweet treats, I felt homesick. Yes, I missed my mom, dad and an always-available-jar of her fresh baked cookies on our kitchen table. So I decided to make myself a batch of peanut butter cookies that is a quick and comforting homesick therapy. Throw back my childhood, throw back my mom’s classic peanut butter cookies!
We love these classic peanut butter cookies. Not like other sweet treats, these cookies have an amazing balance of salty and sweet flavor that I bet you won’t be able to stop eating them, until they run out.
EASY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
These cookies are like the mix of sugar cookies and peanut butter, which combines all the best of them. They still get crisp on the edges and stay soft in the center. The good part of this recipe is they don’t require chilling time which makes it perfect for a quick craving. Scooping out the dough to even portions and coat them with granulated sugar, make your own cookie pattern like a crisscross using a fork if desired. Bake for 10 minutes then you have your peanut butter cookies. (You can tell me that I was seeking a super quick treat that I skipped the pattern design!).
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES INGREDIENTS
These puffy peanut butter cookies require basic ingredients and come together under 20 minutes, just like most cookie recipes. The ingredients for this recipe include:
- Peanut butter
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
These peanut butter cookies are classic so I stick with what used to make a classic cookie. But more than that, I want these cookies to be a bit puffy just like my mom’s, that’s why I use baking powder in place of baking soda. Light brown sugar or dark brown sugar is good for making cookies chewier and I love the flavor that brown sugar adds.
WHAT TYPE OF PEANUT BUTTER SHOULD YOU USE?
For the best results, I recommend using creamy peanut butter. If you like the extra crunchiness in the middle, go for chunk peanut butter. As I wish these cookies to be soft and chewy and melt in my mouth, creamy peanut butter is my recommended choice.
Are You A Peanut Butter Lover? Try These Recipes:
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups (195g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick/113g) butter unsalted, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120g) peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon (3.75g) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5g) sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the peanut butter, butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add in the flour mixture on low speed until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Add some granulated sugar into a small ball. Using the cookie scoop, scoop the dough out into balls and roll them in the granulated sugar before dropping them onto prepared baking sheet. Make sure to leave 2-inches space between them for spreading. I like to sprinkle the tops of the dough with extra sea salt but it’s optional. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are slightly puffed up and begin to brown at the edges. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes then gently transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days. The leftovers can be frozen for up to 2 months.