When life gives you ripe bananas, make these Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins! They are incredibly delicious, soft and moist, full of banana flavor and loaded with lots of chocolate chips.
A delicious muffin recipe that I will go with when I am craving for a quick breakfast in the morning. You can just mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together, fold in the chocolate chips (this is what I am not sure about the amount, the more the better as I guess?) and bake in the oven. All these prep steps will take you under 10 minutes and the freshly baked muffins will serve you an incredibly delicious snack any time of a day. You know what’s even better? They pair perfectly with your morning coffee or tea!
ULTIMATE COMBINATION: BANANA AND PEANUT BUTTER
I think we owe whoever thought of the idea of combining banana and peanut butter. Not only is this a delicious healthy snack but it is also a treat that can lift your mood up, it’s like a feel-good treat at all. This combination also acts as a natural sweetener that I do not even need to add lots of sugar in my baked goods. Healthy, yeah?
To get the best banana flavor, I will use ripe bananas. Buy a bunch and wait until they are brown and spotty. It would be even better if you just let it ripe for a bit longer, when the skin becomes darker and the fruit will almost crack down after you peel it. Speaking of peanut butter, I would love to use creamy peanut butter as I like the creamy, smooth texture in a muffin bite but feel free to use any type of peanut butter that is on your hand. Chunk or creamy, they are both good.
HEALTHIER PEANUT BUTTER BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
If you are obsessed with these peanut butter banana chocolate chip muffins but want to be healthier, here we are. These muffins can be made gluten free, dairy free or easily made vegan. You can substitute all-purpose flour with oat flour, replace whole milk with almond milk or coconut milk, substitute granulated sugar with coconut sugar. Don’t forget to fold in your favorite nuts for nuttier flavor. (Tips: if you love chocolate chips like I do, just add them to the batter. The more the better! :))
Make sure to tag me on Instagram or tell me all about it in the comments section down below. I love to see your baking 🙂
More Muffin Recipes:
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups (190g) all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 teaspoon (5g) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g) baking soda
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed well
- 1/2 cup (125g) creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) whole milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or chocolate chunks/nuts)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin liners or grease the muffin pan with oil/butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs and sugar until well combined. Add bananas, peanut butter, and milk and stir until well combined. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and fold to combine. Fold in chocolate chips. Make sure to not over mix.
- Scoop out the batter into muffin cups using the ice cream scoop, filling about 3/4 cup (1 scoop). Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from the oven. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Muffins are served best the same day they are made, but can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days and stays frozen up to 2 months. Serve them at room temperature.