Easy nutella banana mousse with 3 layers of whipped cream, nutella and fresh bananas and topped with crunchy chopped pecans.
You are not going to believe how good this nutella banana mousse is. Soft, airy, creamy and full of flavors. I already explained how I started my addiction for nutella here and now bring it to a simple yet delicious no-bake, egg free summer dessert. As I want to serve the mousse in cups, making layers adds a nice look to them.
The bottom layer yields a fluffy and not-too-sweet whipped cream. My 3 key points to make a perfect whipped cream are to use heavy cream (or whipping cream) that contains at least 30% fat, keep everything cold (including the cream, the mixing bowl and the paddle attachment) and don’t over mix. Beat until the stiff peak forms that can stand straight up when the beaters are lifted.
This dessert is the perfect way to use up your ripe bananas. Cut bananas into 1/4-inch thick slices and place them evenly on top of the whipped cream layer. There is no limit of how much you can use fresh banana slices in this recipe but mine has around half of a large banana for each cup.
Honestly this is the easiest mousse recipe I’ve ever tried! No eggs included, there are only 2 ingredients in this layer: whipped cream and melted nutella. Save some of the whipped cream that you’ve made for the bottom layer and gently fold in the melted nutella. Since nutella is sweet enough, I’d rather not add extra sugar in this layer but feel free to add more sugar upon your personal taste. Sprinkle some chopped pecans over the top and keep the mousse in the fridge for at least 2 hours. These mousse are best served chilled.
Nutella Banana Mousse
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml) very cold heavy or whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons (45g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (225g) nutella
- 2 large bananas
- 1/4 cup (25g) chopped pecans
- Make Whipped Cream. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the cold heavy cream, granulated sugar and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Do not over beat. Divide half of the whipped cream into serving cups and reserve half of whipped cream to make nutella mousse later.
- Prepare Bananas. Peel off the skin and cut bananas into 1/4-inch thick slices. Place banana slices evenly onto the whipped cream layer of each serving cup.
- Make Nutella Mousse. Place Nutella in a small bowl and microwave for 15-20 seconds until slightly warm and spreadable consistency. Let it cool for 3-5 minutes. Gently fold the reserved whipped cream in step 1 into the nutella until combined. Divide evenly between serving cups on top of the bananas. Garnish with chopped pecans or your choice of nuts.
- Place mousse in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours.
- Keep mousse in the fridge, covered with plastic wrap, for up to 3 days.
Sen NguyenJune 25, 2021 at 6:29 pm
I made these cups for my cousins and they liked them a lot
Thu NguyenJuly 16, 2021 at 10:02 am
Thank you 🙂 I’m happy that you guys liked it!