The easy creamy no churn vanilla ice cream recipe that you are going to love! Made with only 3 ingredients, no ice cream maker required, this recipe will perfectly keep you fresh and cool in summertime.
When it comes to hot summer days, they have me in the mood for one thing and only: ice cream. I have to say, I love ice cream so much that anytime I go to a store, an ice cream box should be one item on my shopping list. I have tried making homemade ice cream at home and then well, I found that I have enjoyed making it at home instead of buying from stores. Yet, nothing beats homemade ice cream as a no-churn recipe! Super quick, easy and you can make it your own recipe by adding other ingredients as your choice of flavor.
WHY DO I LIKE THIS HOMEMADE ICE CREAM RECIPE?
With being said above, this no-churn ice cream recipe will bring out the benefits that you will ever want to make again and again. Here are they:
- Only 3 simple ingredients
- Super rich, creamy and smooth
- Less sugar than normally contained in a store-bought ice cream
- No churn required
- Only 15 minutes to whip up
- You can add flavors to make your own favorite flavored ice cream recipe
WANT MORE FLAVORS?
Yes of course, this recipe is for vanilla ice cream but as I mentioned above, there are no limits to creating a flavored ice cream. You can add your flavors or dress up with toppings then you will have your own type of ice cream as desired. So many more that you can try at home! Here are a few of my no-churn ice cream suggestions:
- Matcha ice cream
- Coffee ice cream
- Oreo ice cream
- Mint chocolate chips ice cream
- Strawberry cheesecake yogurt ice cream
- Peanut butter ice cream
- Salted caramel ice cream
- Tiramisu ice cream
TIPS TO A PERFECTLY CREAMY NO-CHURN ICE CREAM
- Use a high-fat cream. This is the key to super creamy, smooth and rich homemade ice cream
- If you use add-ins, such as cocoa powder or matcha powder to make ice cream flavored, it should be added during the mixing process to make them well-combined.
- If you are going to make fruit flavored ice cream like strawberry ice cream, I would highly recommend using the fruit sauce instead of juice. This will help prevent ice crystals from forming in homemade ice cream (the higher water, the more likely icy).
HOW LONG DOES HOMEMADE ICE CREAM LAST?
This homemade no-churn ice cream will last for months in the freezer. Keep the container tightly sealed. Ice cream will stay softer in a shallow container than a deep tub and if you store ice cream in a loaf pan like I do in this recipe, make sure you cover the surface with a plastic wrap to avoid ice crystallization.
No churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 cups (480ml) heavy cream very cold
- 1/2 14-ounce can (198g) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) vanilla extract or 2 vanilla beans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peak. The cream will be good when the peak stands straight up after you lift the beaters.
- In another bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract until combined. Gently fold the mixture with the cream using a rubber spatula until it is incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to a chilled loaf pan or any kind of container, wrap up tightly with a plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 6 hours.