A soothing warming honey lemon tea made with a heavenly combination of sweet and sour flavor.
With a month of festivities and winter germs floating around, I’d love to do anything that I can think of to keep myself from getting cold. Hey, being sick sucks. The sneeze, runny nose, sore throat, I don’t want to think about them.
But I have my mom’s magic thing to help me get through those nasty winter colds. Works perfectly every single time. I was told to drink this honey lemon tea on a daily basis but you know, sometimes you remember, sometimes you don’t. When the temperature is starting to dip below 50F or when I get sick from cold weather, I’ll make her remedy tea recipe. A few drops of lemon juice and sweet honey blended into hot black tea is pure magic.
There are a few ways to serve honey lemon tea. This recipe calls for a hot tea cup but to make a cold drink, you can reduce the amount of water used in brewing black tea and add ice later then. You also can add a few ginger slices to make it extra warm. The longer it sits, the more release of spice into the drink and seriously, it always wins for the best cold weather savior.
More Winter Drinks:
Honey Lemon Tea
- 1 black/green tea bag
- 1 cup (240ml) boiling water
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey, adjust to taste
- A few slices of ginger (optional)
- Place a tea bag in a mug then fill with boiling water. Let it steep for 3-5 minutes. Remove the tea bag.
- While the tea is still hot, add honey and lemon juice and stir until honey is dissolved, everything is well combined. Add ginger slices as desired and serve hot.