A refreshing and delicious drink that is great to serve at parties and can please both adults and kids.
As is our tradition to celebrate Lunar New Year which is the beginning of a calendar year based on the lunisolar calendar, we are so excited to make this drink for everyone. We believe that red and gold symbolizes good fortune on the Lunar New Year, so you may see a lot of red. Many people wear red, and children often get red envelopes stuffed with money (we call them ‘lucky money’). Lunar New Year is a time for family reunion, and you know, the table will definitely be filled with lots of drinks and food.
I made this fizzy strawberry mocktail as I love adding fruit into beverages so it can make me feel that I’ll stay healthy! Besides the sparkling red water shining from the drink itself, it’s non-alcoholic and surely both adults and kids can try.
Last couple days ago, I already made a huge jar of macerated strawberries and chilled them in the fridge, so they are ready to shine in bubbly soda! The recipe will give you around 6-8 servings, but you can double and make it half if you want to serve more or less. I hope this will help you stay refreshed and five you an idea of bringing regular sparkling water to a new fancy level.
Fizzy Strawberry Mocktail
- 1 lb (454g/15-18 medium strawberries) strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar, plus extra as needed
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) fresh squeezed lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- 1 liter (4 cups/1000ml) sparkling water/club soda
- Wash, hull, and slice strawberries and place into a large jar.
- Toss the strawberries with sugar, salt and lemon juice until combined. Let it stand for several hours for strawberries to release their natural juice to the most. Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place macerated strawberries with strawberry syrup (the liquid released during the maceration process) in a glass jar. Add ice cubes and fill with sparkling water or club soda. Enjoy!