Easy Garlic Shrimp Pasta – a quick, easy and delicious dish – basically what I am craving for a busy weekday. This restaurant inspired Italian pasta is one of my favorites that taste rich and flavorful. And the best thing? This meal can be ready on the table in less than 30 minutes!
I have to say, this easy garlic shrimp pasta recipe is incredible with a full flavor of garlicky, buttery shrimp in creamy pasta. All you have to do is boil up some pasta and saute shrimp in a pool of creamy butter garlic sauce with some fresh basil.
Before getting started, here are a few notes:
- Shrimp is naturally high in cholesterol, but that doesn’t mean it’s off the menu if you’re following a heart-healthy diet. The cholesterol in shrimp is different than the blood cholesterol that you’re trying to manage. Trans fats and saturated fats should be cut down to keep the blood cholesterol under control
- Shrimps should be cooked until they become pink. Make sure you do not overcook
- This pasta can be served with a side of garlic bread or salad
- In this recipe I would use a little of wine to make the sauce more tasty. This is optional, you can skip this if you do not want any alcohol in your dish
Easy Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- Half of package of spaghetti. As I am running out of spaghetti, I will use fettuccine for this recipe
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- Mix veggies (optional)
- 1/3 cup of wine
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- Seasoning: black pepper, salt, oyster sauce
Cook pasta: In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well
Prepare the shrimp with seasonings: Cut the shrimp into small pieces (This is optional as I want them to be into smaller parts). Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and a tablespoon of oyster sauce. Set aside
Sauté: Melt half of a stick of butter under medium high heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and stir frequently about 2-3 minutes. Add shrimp, veggies and cook, keep stirring until pink for another 2-3 minutes. Set aside
Add in cream: Melt remaining half of stick of butter and olive oil. Add wine, heavy cream and milk and simmer in 5 minutes or until it’s slightly reduced.
Cook shrimp in sauce: Return the shrimp and cook in the milk and wine sauce until heated. Stir in pasta and basil. Add more seasonings if desired
Serve immediately: Transfer the final pasta to a bowl or a plate, garnished with basil and grated parmesan cheese.